1. Use the left/right movement, the »scanning movement-SCAN«.
2. Move device at speed 15 cm per second at 10 cm distance from the surface or object.
3. ONE SCAN is one movement over the surface /object (from left to right or from right to left).
4. ONE SCAN of NUVTON® XT (at 10 cm distance, 15 cm per second in movement) applies UV-C dosage of approx.:
• NUVTON® XT 300, ONE SCAN = 4,8 mJ/cm²
• NUVTON® XT 600, ONE SCAN = 6,2 mJ/cm²
• NUVTON® XT 900, ONE SCAN = 7,7 mJ/cm²
5. If you reduce the distance of scanning from 10 cm to 5 cm, the applied dosage on the object/ surface would approx. double.
The amount of microorganism inactivation depends on exposure time and how close the sterilizer is to the surface / object. There are different disinfection rates:
Each disinfection rate requires different dosage which is achieved by different exposure time. For general disinfection purposes in many cases already LOG2 (99%) is sufficient.
SARS CoV-2 virus needs exposure of 3,7 up to 7,5 mJ/cm² UV-C irradiation for 99,9% disinfection rate. To suggest dosages needed, we took the average value 5,6 mJ/cm² for 99,9% (LOG3) disinfection rate and 3,4 mJ/cm² for 99% (LOG2) disinfection rate.
Apply one or two scans with NUVTON® XT 300 / 600 / 900 as per table below.
The UV-C dose required for 99% disinfection of some of the common viruses & bacteria is between 2 mJ/cm² and 8,6 mJ/cm² and between 3,5 mJ/cm² and 10,2 mJ/cm² for 99,9% disinfection rate.
NUVTON®Mestni trg 18
SI-3210 Sl. Konjice
email@example.comPhone +386 40 700 780
Disclaimer – Privacy notice – Cookies/GDPR